Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker 670040230 is argued to be the best 3-in 1 multi-cooker around in the market today.
It can work as a pressure cooker, rice cooker and slow cooker.
Features of Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker 670040230:
- Can be used as pressure cooker, rice cooker and slow cooker,
- 6-quart capacity ,
- 2 Pressure Settings,
- Brushed stainless steel body,
- Teflon coated cooking pot,
- Cool-touch handles,
- Anti-overheat protection,
- 2 independent pressure control valves,
- Soft-touch buttons,
- 8-hour delay timer,
- LED time display,
- Dishwasher safe cooking pot and
- Comes with recipe book of 40 recipes
Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker explained in detail
The body of Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker is made up of brushed stainless steel and it can be used as an:
- Electric pressure cooker,
- Rice Cooker and
- Slow Cooker
It comes with following 2 pressure settings:
- High Pressure of 9 PSI,
- Low Pressure of 5 PSI,
Do not let the 9 PSI pressure fool you. Though many cooking books recommend a high pressure of 13 to 15 PSI, many customers have found that the quality of food cooked with Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker cooks is excellent and also there is no need to increase the cooking time.
It also comes with Brown and Warm functions.
As you increase the pressure, the cooking time reduces. Or you can use it as a slow cooker to make recipes such as soups, stews and pot roasts.
Once cooking cycle is over, this electric pressure cooker turns on the Keep Warm function which keeps the food warm.
Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker comes with self-locking lid and automatic pressure release setting. This means that you cannot open the lid until the entire pressure has been released. This helps in reducing the accidents caused by immediate release of pressure.
The control panel of Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker boosts of a LED display with soft-touch buttons and a programmable 8-hour delay timer.
There are also cool-touch handles on the body to avoid any injury while handling the pressure cooker.
While the anti-overheat protection and 2 independent pressure control valves add to the safety of this electric pressure cooker.
The cooking pot which comes along with Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker is teflon coated. It can be easily removed from the cooker and cleaned up by hand or in a dishwasher.
You can watch below an official video from Fagor® explaining how to use this electric pressure cooker.
Points to remember while operating Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker
- Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker has a smaller diameter and bigger height as compared to other electric pressure cookers. So preparing a dish with say a big flat piece of meat can be a little tedious.
- The cooking pot does not have handles. So pouring the dish out once it is cooked can also be a little tedious. But this is the case with most of the electric cookers and so we wouldn’t worry about it much.
Recipe Books for Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker
A recipe booklet which comes along with Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker has 40 different recipes for the 3 cooking programs.
But as with other electric pressure cookers, to prepare your own recipes, you will have to experiment a bit.
We recommend that you consider buying the following recipe books:
- Miss Vickie’s Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes and
- Pressure Perfect: Two Hour Taste in Twenty Minutes Using Your Pressure Cooker
Both of these books are quite frequently bought along with Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker.
Positive Costumer Feedback
- No noise when cooking is in progress,
- Easy to use and clean.
- Quality of the cooked food is excellent.
Negative Customer Feedback
- Doesn’t come with a Steamer insert. Though you can buy it separately. The one we recommend is Chef’n Sleekstor VeggiSteam Silicone Steamer.
Pricing and Shipping
Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker 670040230 is usually sold for more than 15% discount at Amazon.
Final verdict on Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker
If you are looking for a multi-cooker then you should definitely consider Fagor® Electric Pressure Cooker because it can be used as a rice cooker, slow cooker as well as an electric pressure cooker.