Cuisinart® Electric Pressure Cooker CPC-600 arguably the most popular electric pressure available in the market today comes from Cuisinart® which is famous for making almost every appliance a kitchen needs.
With a capacity of 6-quart, Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker is claimed to reduce cooking time by 70% as compared to conventional stove pressure cookers.
Features of Cuisinart® Electric Pressure Cooker CPC-600:
- 6-quart capacity ,
- 1000 Watts,
- 6 Pressure Settings,
- Fingerprint-proof brushed stainless steel body,
- Non-stick cooking pot,
- Cool-touch handles,
- Digital thermostat,
- Push button control for cooking options,
- Comes with programmed settings,
- 99-minute timer and LED countdown display,
- Dishwasher safe cooking pot,
- Comes with Trivet,
- Comes with recipe book,
- Limited 3-year warranty
Cuisinart® Electric Pressure Cooker explained in detail
Cuisinart® Electric Pressure Cooker CPC-600 comes with following 6 different settings:
- High Pressure of 10 PSI,
- Low Pressure of 6 PSI,
- Simmer and
- Keep Warm
Browning settings helps to cook food at high temperature before pressure cooking, without keeping the lid on the pressure cooker.
Saute setting helps to soften up the vegetables or cook rice prior to pressure cooking, without the lid.
Simmer setting allows heating liquids at low temperatures. Typically this setting is used at the end of the cooking cycle.
While Keep Warm setting helps to keep the food warm for up to 12 hours after cooking cycle is over. Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker shifts to this setting automatically at the end of the cooking cycle.
The build quality of Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker makes it possible to trap the steam inside which results in high pressure and rise in temperature making cooking different items that much easier.
Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker needs less liquid for cooking as compared to traditional cookers because of which fewer nutrients are lost in evaporation and more nutrients are preserved than traditional cookers.
A tight sealed space is created within the cooker which results in locking the heat, flavor and moisture inside the cooker. This helps in making the food more tasty and healthy.
A vertical Control Panel is available on the body of Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker. It has easy to use push-buttons along with a LED display.
On the body, cool-touch handles are available so that you don’t end up burning your hands while handling this electric pressure cooker.
Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker comes with non-stick coated cooking pot which makes it easier to clean it manually as well as in dishwasher.
How to operate Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker?
- Switch on the cooker.
- Once the LED is displayed, to select the desired cooking function, press the MENU button. The function light will flash.
- Now you can select the Pressure Settings: Low, High, Browning, Saute or Simmer.
- Then press TIME and set the number of minutes you need for pressure cooking. Just keep in mind that up to 40 minutes, time will increase by 1-minute increments and after that from 40 to 99 minutes, time will increase in 5-minute increments.
- Finally press the START/CANCEL to start cooking. The pressure cooker will begin to heat.
There is a red float will rise as pressure builds. It may take several minutes to reach the selected pressure level, and once it is reached the light in lower right-hand corner of LED will stop flashing and remain lit.
This is the point from where pressure cooking begins and now the timer will start its count down.
You can watch below a short official video from Cuisinart® explaining how to use this electric pressure cooker.
Points to remember while operating Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker
- Never fill the cooker above the Maximum Fill Amount.
- Make sure the lid is tightly secured in place while operating the cooker.
- Do not store the cooker with the lid tightly secured in place. This avoids gasket wear and tear. This is very important.
- Follow the recipe instructions to release the pressure.
- If there is a need to use Quick Pressure Release, do it immediately on completion of cooking cycle.
- Put 2 tablespoons of oil when you cook starchy food items like beans otherwise starch will go everywhere inside the cooker unit and can also result in plugging the pressure release value.
Recipe Books for Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker
A recipe booklet is also included with Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker with cooking charts which you can use to make various dishes.
To prepare your own recipes, you can use the recipes in the booklet as a guide. You may have to experiment a little with your recipes to get the desired taste and flavor.
We recommend that you consider buying other recipe books along with Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker to get the full benefit of this pressure cooker.
“Miss Vickie’s Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes” and “Cooking Under Pressure (20th Anniversary Edition)” are 2 most popular recipe books which are frequently bought along with Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker.
Positive Costumer Feedback
- Easy to use and clean.
- Cooking time considerably reduced.
- Quality of the cooked food is excellent.
- Cuisinart® Customer Support is good.
Negative Customer Feedback
- Some customers have got faulty units of Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker. This has resulted in a bad name to this electric cooker. But getting replacement is not very difficult. If you too end up getting a faulty unit, get it replaced, it should be a simple.
Pricing and Shipping
Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker CPC-600 is usually sold for more than 40% discount at Amazon.
Final verdict on Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker
If you are looking for an electric pressure cooker then you should definitely consider Cuisinart® electric pressure cooker simply because of its features and the performance it delivers.