Today we will learn Lemon Cheesecake Recipe which you can easily prepare using an Electric Pressure Cooker.
This lemon cheesecake recipe will make a 7-inch cake.
Serves: Approximately 6 to 8 pieces
Ingredients of Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- 6 pieces of 1 ½ inch Gingersnap Cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 1 ¾ tablespoon Toasted Almonds, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon melted Unsalted Butter
- 1 ¼ pound regular Cream Cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces, at room temperature
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 big Eggs
- ¾ Lemon Zest, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 ¾ teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- Optional Garnishes: fresh Blueberries, Raspberries or Strawberries
Steps to prepare Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- Take a 7×3 Spring-form pan and lightly coat it with melted unsalted butter or you can also coat it with cooking spray.
- Now place a sheet of plastic wrap (about 16×16 inches) on top of a sheet of aluminum foil of the same size.
- Place the Spring-form pan in the center of these sheets and wrap the exterior tightly.
- Take a small bowl and mix the cookie crumbs, toasted almonds and melted butter.
- Put this mixture into the prepared pan and turn to dust the sides of the pan. Press the remainder of the mixture onto the bottom of the pan. Reserve it.
- Now pour cream cheese and sugar in a food processor. Process it until it becomes smooth, for about 15 to 20 seconds.
- Mix in the eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla in the food processor and process it for 10 seconds.
- Now scrape down the food processor bowl and process for another 5 seconds. Or the cheesecake batter can be combined using a hand mixer on low speed.
- Now pour this batter into the prepared pan.
- Place the rack/trivet in the cooking pot of the electric pressure cooker and add 2 cups of water.
- Now take a piece of aluminum foil about 24 inches long and fold it in half lengthwise, then fold in half again two more times to create a strip which is about 24 inches in length and 2 inches wide to make a “cradle”.
- Place the cradle strip on the counter and place the filled Spring-form pan in the center.
- Cover the cheesecake with a piece of buttered aluminum foil, making the sides tight, but allow some room for the cheesecake to expand.
- Pull the ends of the cradle strip upward and now use the cradle to help lower the cheesecake into the cooking pot of the electric pressure cooker.
- Now place on the trivet. Cover and lock lid in place. Select High Pressure and set timer for 9 minutes.
- After you hear the beep sounds, release the pressure. User natural pressure release if your electric pressure cooker provides it.
- Remove the cheesecake from the cooking pot using the foil strips to lift up.
- Place it on a cooling rack. Remove foil and plastic wrap. If moisture has accumulated on the top, dab gently with a paper towel to remove it.
- Let the cake cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate.
- Before serving remove the cheesecake from the Spring-form pan and garnish it if desired.
Approximate Nutritional Value of Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
The approximate Nutritional Value per 8 servings is:
- Calories: 299 (67% from fat)
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 14g
- Fiber: 0g
Hope you liked this Lemon Cheesecake Recipe.
Let me know how your lemon cheesecake tasted in the comments below.