Today we will see an easy tomato soup recipe which can be prepared using an Electric Pressure Cooker.
This tomato soup can become a perfect meal with a grilled cheese sandwich.
Serves: Approximately 6 cups
Ingredients of this Easy Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 ¾ tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 ¼ small Onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 ¼ Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 chopped Rib Celery
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Dried Basil
- ½ teaspoon Dried Marjoram
- 2 tablespoon Unbleached All-purpose Flour
- 30 ounces of diced Tomatoes with Juices
- 4 whole Sun-dried Tomatoes, should not be oil-packed
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 ¾ cups of finely chopped Vegetables
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Pepper
Steps to prepare this Easy Tomato Soup Recipe
- Put the butter in the cooking pot of the Electric Pressure Cooker.
- Select Saute mode.
- After the butter becomes hot and melts, add onions and stir well.
- Let it Saute for about 2 minutes till the onions soften up and become a little brownish.
- Put in the carrots, celery, basil and marjoram. Stir well.
- Add in the vegetables and Saute for around 4 minutes. Stir occasionally in between till the vegetables become soft. But do not let them become brown.
- Now pour in the flour and stir well.
- Let it cook for additional one minute.
- Then add in the tomatoes with their juices, sun-dried tomatoes and baking soda.
- Now lock the lid in place, select High Pressure setting and set the timer for 8 minutes.
- After you hear the beep, release all the steam. Use Natural Release if your electric pressure provides it.
- After the float valve drops, remove the lid carefully, tilting away from you to allow the steam to disperse.
- Now blend soup with either a handheld blender directly in the cooking pot or a food processor or blender. (If possible do not blend the soup in the cooking pot. Pour the soup in another vessel and then blend it.)
- You can now add salt and pepper. Adjust the quantity of these seasonings as per your taste.
Note: To make this tomato soup creamy, you can stir in one cup of half & half.
Approximate Nutritional Value of this Easy Tomato Soup Recipe
The approximate Nutritional Value per serving (one cup) is:
- Calories: 105 (40% from fat)
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
Hope you liked this easy tomato soup recipe.