Today we will learn how to make Creamy Rice Pudding which you can easily prepare using your Electric Pressure Cooker.
Serves: Approximately 6 cups
Ingredients of Creamy Rice Pudding
- 1 ¾ cups Arborio or Carnaroli Rice
- 2 ¼ cups of Whole Milk
- 14-ounces of Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Water
- ¾ cup granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ¾ teaspoons of pure Vanilla Extract
Steps to prepare Creamy Rice Pudding
- Rinse rice and drain.
- Now place the rice, whole milk, coconut milk, water, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in the cooking pot of your electric pressure cooker.
- Select Saute mode and let it boil for about 1-2 minutes.
- Keep on stirring constantly so that the sugar dissolves completely.
- As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, cover and lock the lid of the electric pressure cooker in place.
- Select Low Pressure setting and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- After you hear the beeps of your electric pressure cooker, release the pressure.
- Turn off the electric pressure cooker.
- After the cooker cools down a little, remove the lid carefully, tilting away from you to allow the steam to disperse.
- Now add vanilla and dried fruit into the mixture and stir.
- Place the lid back on the cooking pot, but do not turn on the electric pressure cooker.
- Let the rice pudding stand for 15 minutes. Now stir it and serve.
- You can now garnish your Creamy Rice Pudding with a sprinkling of cinnamon and freshly whipped cream.
Approximate Nutritional Value of Creamy Rice Pudding
The approximate Nutritional Value per 1 cup is:
- Calories: 284 (67% from fat)
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
Hope you liked this Creamy Rice Pudding Recipe.
Do let me know how your Creamy Rice Pudding tasted in the comments below.