Today we will see how we can make Chicken Lentil Soup in an Electric Pressure Cooker.
Serves: Approximately 8 cups
Ingredients of Chicken Lentil Soup
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 medium Carrot, cut into approximately 3 centimeter (1/4 inch) dice, about 1 cup
- 2 ¼ thinly sliced cloves of Garlic
- ¾ Bay Leaf
- 1 pound dried brown Lentils
- 5 ¼ cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- ¾ teaspoon Lemon Juice
Steps to prepare Chicken Lentil Soup
- Place oil in the cooking pot of the Electric Pressure Cooker.
- Select Saute mode.
- Allow oil to heat for a few minutes and then put the chopped onions into the pot.
- Stir it well.
- Let it Saute for about 1 to 2 minutes, until onions start to soften and look little brownish.
- Put in the chopped carrots and stir well.
- Saute this mixture for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it becomes soft and slightly golden.
- Now put in the garlic. Stir and saute for another minute or two, until garlic becomes aromatic.
- Now add in the bay leaf, lentils, and chicken broth to this mixture in the cooking pot.
- Lock the lid in place.
- Set timer for 8 minutes for High Pressure setting.
- After you hear an audible beep sound, release the pressure (this will depend on the electric pressure cooker being used).
- Remove the lid carefully, tilting away from you to allow the steam to disperse.
- Remove and throw away the bay leaf.
- Put in the salt, pepper, and lemon juice and stir well.
- You will have to taste and adjust the seasonings accordingly.
- Serve immediately while the soup is hot.
Note: You can vary the soup by adding some chopped fresh spinach or serve it with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
Approximate Nutritional Value of Chicken Lentil Soup
The approximate Nutritional Value per serving (one cup) is:
- Calories: 110 (16% from fat)
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 7g
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 5g
Hope you liked this Chicken Lentil Soup recipe.